Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pineapple Guacamole

After much demand, here is the recipe for the guacamole served at the 4th of july cookout...

You need:
-2 tomatoes, chopped
-2 avocados, chopped
-about 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple (not from a can)
-one handful chopped cilantro
-1 jalapeno, de-seeded, and minced
-2 limes, juiced
-1/2 lemon, juiced
-1 shallot, minced
-3-4 cloves garlic, minced

Combine everything in a bowl and gently fold together, do NOT mash anything, serve with chips

***The night before, I chopped the shallot, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, and pineapple and mixed with the lime juice and salt - I let this sit together in a bowl overnight to "marinate," and did the rest (and by the rest, I mean chopping the tomatoes and avocadoes) the next day, right before serving (I didn't want the other stuff to break down or turn brown). I think doing this the day/night before does intensify the flavors, because when I freshly chopped and juiced everything at the same time, it didn't seem to taste quite the same, but it was still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment