Saturday, December 13, 2014
-1/2 onion, diced
-1/2 red bell pepper, diced
-1 stalk celery
-1-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 lb lump crab meat
-1/4 lb bay scallops (the smaller ones, which are also cheaper, because they are pureed for the mix)
-1-2 cups breadcrumbs (i had to keep adding until it felt right)
-3 tablespoons lemon juice
-2 tablespoons dried dill
-2-3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
-1 tablespoon dijon mustard
-1 tablespoon old bay seasoning
-panko breadcrumbs for outside
1. Sautee the onion, pepper, and celery until soft, adding garlic last
2. Remove from heat and cool
3. In a bowl, whisk together egg, lemon, dill, Worcestershire, dijon, and old bay seasonings.
4. Add veggies to sauce mix once they have cooled, stir to combine
5. Puree the scallops in a food processor (I have found that the scallops were hard to get cooked through when they were chopped, and the smooth texture after pureeing eliminates the need for mayonaise!). Add pureed scallops to the mix, combine, and then gently fold in the crab.
6. Let mixture sit over night
7. Form mixture into patties, coat with panko crumbs, and pan fry in grapeseed oil until golden brown, about 5 min per side.
On the side I whisked some of the extra mayonaise, lemon juice, and dill together to drizzle over the top or serve on the side for dipping.
Serve with Asparagus and Couscous