-1 onion, diced
-1/4-1/2 cup diced sun dried tomatoes
-1 large handful spinach, chopped
-1 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-3-4 thick cut chicken breasts
-greek seasonings (i buy the pre mixed package that you make the dressing out of)
**Asparagus & Couscous for the side dishes
*I put a link to a video below that I watched before making this dish - it shows how to cut and stuff the chicken
For the Chicken:
1. Rinse chicken, pat dry, and then cut a long slit though the middle to create the pocket for the stuffing later.
2. Cover in lemon juice and dust with greek seasonings, set aside, and begin making the stuffing
For the Stuffing:
1. Sautee onion in olive oil or butter until softened
2. Add sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, and spinach. Toss until spinach begins to wilt and then add the garlic and a few squeezes of lemon juice.
3. Remove from heat and let cool -- once the mixture has cooled off add the feta cheese (i put almost a half cup i think)
Next, put as much stuffing as you can fit inside each chicken breast, and pre-heat the oven to 350 and heat a pan on medium high heat to sear the outside of the meat.
Place chicken breast smooth side down and brown at high heat for about 3 minutes, until it looks golden, return to baking dish, and bake for about 20 minutes at 350.
Serve over couscous and asparagus!
Here is the video I watched to learn how to stuff the chicken properly: